Tuesday, February 20, 2024

No news is good news

I was at the site, mezzanine deck as been named in the engineering drawing, with my counterpart, E&I Qc from my maincon. We was discussing about our inspection, which has been delayed for a few days due to unpredictable weather since last week. Where almost everyday is gloomy and the sky was crying with rain. 

There's a lot of instrument to be inspected due to the delay. One evening seems not enough to complete all. But me, as the end user of the project, I still have paperworks and reporting to do each evening. I did trust my counterpart from the maincon. We just met and know each other a few months, since the started of this project. Being a contractor myself before this, I try not to be the kind of client that me myself hate to deal with. 

He always sincere and honest with the work. I know in term of fabrication, installation, and inspection, he is more well verse than me. I did grasp all this thing with my experiences but I never focused to be a QC. My line of work require me to be Jack of all trades but Master of none. I only know thing on the surface. This guy, my maincon qc, maybe seeing that I'm being friendly, paperwork driven and trusting, never look down on me and always update me with the kind of report and activity that I need. 

I did told him once, I will trust you on your work. Due to I believe that you are well verse in this. And being almost the same age with me, your experience should be sufficient to perform the inspection. But, the only thing I required is you need to be honest with me, no hiding of any problem, no hanky panky in work and I'll support you in whichever u need. May used my name if the construction crew arguing about the quality, I don't mind.

Around 4pm, I am required to go back to office for my daily reporting and paperworks. Asked him to proceed with the inspection. Proceed with care, safety first, call me if there's something wrong. "I hope you won't call me, as I used to told my crew during my days as an operation team leader and project manager, "No News Is Good News!"". We both laughed after I completed the sentences and I make my move back to office.

No comments:

Post a Comment