Saturday, February 10, 2024

Just Another Saturday

 Today just started just like yesterday. Just another Saturday. But it is Chinese New Year Holiday.

With great power (money), comes great responsibility

Yesterday i was sending my dear boss to the Airport as he is going back for the CNY Holiday. Not like he celebrate this new year but ya la,  3 days holiday is such a luxury for us. During the way there, we hang out at Teh Tarik Cafeteria at Satok for some coffee and Tea. He was concern for the site due to there will activity from one of the subcontractor where the wanna perform the blasting and painting work during the holiday.

"You are going nowhere, you are SINGLE, you don't have anyone to hang out with and everybody's on holiday. Can you be at Yard so that we have coverage for this holiday work? Standby and become company representative until they finished work. You choose the day and alternate with your fellow colleagues," was told by boss. So yeah, i choose to be at Yard today. The first day of CNY holiday.

Day start at 6am as usual, been snoozing my phone for once then wake up. My new recurring hobby nowadays is to strum the guitar in the morning. Not that long, maybe around 5-10minutes. Always done that while waiting the drinking water to boil for my first cup of coffee.

7Am, Engine started. its a chill day. The sky kinda cloudy, cloudy enough to make my morning gloomy. But hey, the road so far, it's empty. One perks of working during public holiday is there's no traffic jam.



Normally at Pending traffic light there will be a lotsa car where i may need 10-20 minutes to pass this junction. But today, it's flowing fluidly.



The yard. Reach the yard around 7.20am. Not a single soul was there whom i see when i reach the parking area. Seems like the crew is at canteen still having their early breakfast. Gone to my office to change to my PPE and voila! i'm good to go to the tool box talk.

Non Hectic Yard



There's me in the corner, in blue, in CNY Holiday Blues.



After finish up the TBT, i was confirming a few thing regarding the work planning for the day and update it to my Project Team Wassap Group. Also informed the crew and Safety Supervisor that i'll be at office to standby in case any urgency arise. 


This is my ship now. I’m the Captain!



The empty office, the silence of the morning, the securely cubicle, and the smell of freshly brewed coffee. Yes. another cup of coffee in the morning for me.



Everything progressing fine and dandy for the day. No emergency, No technical Query, Not even a soul looking for me at office. Nothing. Nada. I just standby here till end of working hour today at 430PM. 


Wrote this while drafting my daily report at my humble cubicle in Brooke Dockyard Sejingkat Yard


No comments:

Post a Comment